Disney Cruise Line ranks as one of my most favorite Disney vacation experiences. I love the feel of the ships, and I love how Disney intertwines Disney characters in with a luxury cruise vacation. They announced recently that more than a dozen Pixar characters, including Mr. Incredible, Remy, Woody, Jessie and Buzz Lightyear, will be sailing on the Disney Wonder! The Pixar character experience will be exclusive to the California Coast 7-Night Sailings; September 16, 23, 30 and October 7. This will be the first time ever that Pixar characters have been out and about on a Disney ship to meet guests. I bet they are pretty excited about meeting us!
Disney has taken the concept of Pixar and themed the cruise around it. Expect an amazing experience on-board. Disney announced the following Pixar features, exclusive to these itineraries only:
- Pixar Presentations and Sneak Peeks: Artists and filmmakers from Pixar Animation Studios will provide an inside look at the creative process used to develop an animated feature which includes a look at the making of Pixar’s newest release “Brave” and a sneak peek at footage of future Pixar films.
- The Art of Pixar: Storyboards, character sketches and other inspiring concept art used to design Pixar films will be on display in a special art exhibition at sea. This collection of art has only been seen outside of Pixar Animation Studios when displayed at leading art museums around the world.
- Pixar Film Fest: Guests will be able to enjoy the entire Pixar library of films while on-board, including a selection of delightful animated shorts. The voyages coincide with the theatrical premiere of “Finding Nemo 3D,” which Guests can enjoy at either of the two theatres equipped with state-of-the-art Dolby 3D projection systems.
- Pixar Character Encounters: For the first time, more than a dozen Pixar characters will meet with and greet guests throughout the cruise including Mr. Incredible, Remy, Woody, Jessie and Buzz Lightyear. There will be a special Pixar-themed dance parties and a host of other opportunities to reconnect with favorite Pixar pals.
- Special Gift: Sailing Guests will receive a commemorative lithograph created by Pixar artist and “Brave” co-director/screenwriter, Steve Purcell.
This cruise really intrigues me. I have never seen the Pacific Coast of the United States in this manner. I started looking at the itinerary, and it really looks like a fun way to see some of the best parts of the coast of California, with a little touch of Mexico to round things out. Sail out of Los Angeles and spend a full day at sea. Disney will be gearing you up with the California Sun feel on the Disney Wonder with wine pairings and wine tastings. There will also be some special Hollywood movie experiences on-board.
The first port you will sail into is the Port of San Francisco. You will sail right under the Golden Gate Bridge. Wow! With two days in San Fransisco, you can make time for visiting the Golden Gate Bridge, The Walt Disney Family Museum and Fisherman’s Wharf. Or plan a visit to the Sonoma or Napa Valley. I’d be signing up for the Walt Disney Museum!
After another day at sea, you will have a day in San Diego and a day in Ensenada, Mexico. San Diego is known for some of the most gorgeous beaches in the world, and you will have the chance to experience that for yourself. You can also visit the San Diego Zoo, Coronado Island, and Gaslamp Quarter while in San Diego. All of this while have the chance to see the Pacific Coast of the United States from sea.
Sounds like so much fun, doesn’t it? There are still staterooms available, and you can be on one of those sailings with your family and the Pixar gang!