Can you imagine a more special time to be at the Walt Disney World Resort than on New Years Eve?
New Year’s Eve is one of the biggest fireworks evenings of the year at Walt Disney World Resort, a place where fireworks are spectacular. Fireworks and nighttime shows will light up the skies at three theme parks on Dec. 31, 2011.
Here’s some of the magic that’s in store:
• Magic Kingdom offers up two spectacular fireworks shows: “Wishes” nighttime spectacular with a holiday overlay at 8:30 p.m. and “Fantasy in the Sky” at 11:51 p.m.
• Epcot‘s “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” will delight audiences with two unforgettable showings at 7 p.m. and 11:42 p.m.
• At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the 25-minute spectacular “Fantasmic!” that combines water, fire, lights, lasers, fireworks and music will be presented at 6:30 and 8 p.m., with the popular “Lights! Camera! Happy New Year!” fireworks display at midnight.
Not interested in partying with the crowds inside any of the parks? You’ll be excited to know that the Walt Disney World resort will be offering alternative celebrations outside of the parks, as well!
• At Downtown Disney, DisneyQuest will throw a family-friendly cyber celebration from 8 p.m. -1 a.m. Kids will be entertained with a DJ and dance party, plus the usual unlimited access to all the games and DisneyQuest attractions. Partygoers at this techno celebration will experience a confetti drop and festive party favors when the clock strikes midnight. Guests at this party will also get a coupon for a pizza, hot dog, chicken casesar wrap or hamburger, plus chips and soda. Price is $45 advance purchase – or $55 day of, including tax. Call 407-934-7639 to reserve tickets.
• Another special happening at Downtown Disney will be observed at Cirque du Soleil, La Nouba. All guests attending the Dec. 31 performances will receive a limited-edition Walt Disney World/Cirque trading pin. Shows are at 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.
• Registered guests at select Disney resort hotels will be treated to music and entertainment. One example of a very special celebration that will be happening will be found at Narcoosee’s restaurant located at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. There will be a four-course dining experience for $149, plus DJ, balloon artist and special fireworks viewing at 8:30 and 11:51.
• Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort will be hosting a special-ticket New Year’s Eve party from 8 p.m.-2 a.m. with video DJ Tony Zapulla spinning dance favorites until the early morn.
No matter what type of celebration you may have in mind for the ushering in of 2012, the Walt Disney World Resort is sure to have you covered with plenty of exciting choices!